Samsung Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800) is still running Android 2.2 (Froyo). So, those who have bought it might be feeling little upset and we still don’t know when and if it would be running Gingerbread or HoneyComb. But anyways, XDA member Spacemoose1 is able to install HoneyComb on his SCH-I800 CDMA phone. This is being confirmed working on US Verizon SCH-I800 and US Sprint P-100.
• Back up all data that you don’t want to lose.
• You must convert your device to EXT4. There are many methods for doing this. But 2 easiest methods are Download ‘Verizon Tab Bootstrapper‘ from the android market OR, install Boushh’s kernel which includes a built-in conversion script.
• Download the current build from here. If you are unable to download, comment below and we will email the zipped file to you. Please mention if you also need Kernel Source.
• Install zip via recovery.
• Reboot your phone.
• Base system
• Hardware acceleration (but with some errors)
• Modified KhasMek Voodoo OC 1.4 kernel (needs some improvements)
• Except what is functional, everything else is broken like GPS, WiFi, 3G, SD access, accelerometer, etc.
Also note that the current build is in alpha stage and already some functionality is reported broken. Still, if you need to proceed, go ahead at your own risk and let us know how it went.
Honeycomb on Samsung Galaxy Tab Verizon (SCH-I800)
Honeycomb on Samsung Galaxy Tab Sprint (P-100)
Full support at XDA Thread.=====>>>>>>>Buy Us Coffee and Award Us for our Hard Work
Android Applications to Simplify your Life
What is the importance of the newly upgraded Google Authenticator?
Free Siri-Like Apps for Android
Router Utilities Android app for knowing Adsl max speed
How to hack others Android mobiles private messages