Windows Phone 7 users have been waiting eagerly for Copy-Paste functionality in WP7 phones. But the recent mini-ROM update to WP7 has thrashed the hopes of users because this update is only a fix and improvement on software performance. This update is similar to what Microsoft had provided to Windows Phone 7 “improve the software update itself“.
Moreover, due to this Wp7 update, several users bricked their phones. They faced incomplete update or stability issues while updating.
Users were getting errors as
Backup gets stuck at 100% (Step 7 of 10) and the update doesn’t carry on
These users can still use their phone but the users who ended bricking their phones were left with no other option then get it replaced from the service center.
Norseman has compiled some steps to fix your bricked WP7 phone.
How to Fix Bricked Windows Phone 7
1. Unplug USB from computer. Charge phone or put in charger.
2. Turn off phone.
3. Turn on phone using 3 buttons – power, camera and volume up/down rocker. Keep all the 3 buttons held for 10-15 seconds. Do not release when it asks if you want to format the SD card.
4. Keep holding until it says “download mode”. This will reinstall the OS.
5. If phone does not reboot in 15 minutes just power it off and then again on.
6. Re-setup phone. Update firmware through Zune software and then re-sync your documents, pictures, music, videos, etc.