Are you facing Data Throttling issues on your T-Mobile G2X Smartphones. If yes, then we have a solution for you. XDA member catalystcorp is able to get success in this hack.
If you are unaware of this term, it refers to the data usage bandwidth traffic. What it means is that if you use lot of data on your mobile, then your speed will be lowered but if you apply the data throttle fix, you will not see any change in the speed.
Instructions for Removing Data Throttling on G2X
1. Install Root Explorer
2. Back up all your data.
3. Connect your mobile phone to the computer using USB cable.
4. Download the fix from here [Link]. Comment below on this post if you want the file as an email from us.
5. Extract the contents of above downloaded file. You will see a services.jar file in it. Place it in the SD card or Internal Memory.
6. Go to Settings –> Wireless & Networks –> Mobile Networks and check all options except ‘Use only 2G networks’. Remember after doing this, you will not be able to access it again.
7. Open Root Explorer.
8. Go to the services.jar file that you downloaded in Step 4.
9. Hold down over it and select ‘Copy’.
10. Go to System//Framework, click Mount R//O and select ‘Paste’.
11. You will be asked to overwrite the existing file. Select yes to confirm.
12. Close all open windows.
13. Go to ‘Rom Manager’.
14. Select ‘Fix Permissions’.
15. Reboot your smartphone.
16. Enjoy high speed on your mobile without any interruption
Please note that you must try the above steps only with Stock ROM.