If you consider yourself the proud owner of MyTouch 3G Slide 2.2.1 smartphone and you want to root your mobile device then you should consider looking at the below steps. The credits for these clean tutorial guide goes to junior member insanityrains from xda.
Root and Flash to Stock 2.1
1. First you should consider downloading the required files. Below files are required that you should download
• SuperOneClick 1.7
• ESPRIMG HTC Espresso Stock Rom
• Google Apps
• CM7 Rom
Get the above files from this url and save them on your pc. I would suggest you to make a folder by the name My-Touch in your C drive and copy all the files in that folder.
2. Extract all zipped files into their respective folders. You can use any Unzipping Software like Winzip.
3. On your mobile, start copying the Esprimg zip file to the Sd card root.
4. On your mobile, go to Settings.
5. Select the ‘Connect to PC and select ‘Charge only’.
6. Go to ‘Applications’.
7. Consider selecting ‘Development’.
8. Check Usb debugging ON.
9. In Step2, go into each of the folders one by one. You will see an exe file in each of the folders. Launch those exes one by one.
10. First of all, launch SuperoneClick folder’s exe.
11. When SuperoneClick launches, click on the ‘Shell Root’.
12. The rooting process will start and wait till it finishes.
13. Launch Mt3s Rooter.
14. Click on the ‘Root Me’.
15. Please make sure that you turn your smartphone’s Wi-Fi quickly. It would be best if it can be turned on within 20-30 seconds. After turning ON, wait for restart process to take place.
16. When the mobile reboots, it will be in Bootloader mode.
17. Select fastboot by pressing Volume Down button. If fastboot is not shown then selecting Boot-loader will show menu with fastboot.
18. Consider pressing Power button one time when fastboot high-lights.
19. The program will show ESprimg zip file.
20. In the top-right corner, you will see a progress bar.
21. The program will wait for sometime and then will ask you for updation. Press Volume Up button.
22. After completion, it will ask for reboot. Press the Volume Up key. If you see that the mobile has hanged on MyTouch circle then remove the battery, insert it again and reboot.
Install CM7 with Google Apps
23. One of the downloaded files from Step1 has the name as updatecm7.0.3-slidesigned.zip. Rename it to update.zip
24. Copy the gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and update.zip files to root of your mobile device.
25. Power off your device.
26. Press and hold Power and Vol Down keys at same time.
27. Program will check for ESpring.
28. You will see Menu.
29. Highlight the recovery.
30. Press Power key.
31. You will see a triangle in red color.
32. Press Vol Up and Power.
33. Select ‘Wipe Data-Factory reset’. Repeat same with ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.
34. Select the ‘Apply sdcard and update zip’.
35. Select the Reboot system.
36. When smartphone reboots, head over to App Drawer.
37. Open the Rom Manager.
38. Scroll little down.
39. You will see ‘Download Rom’. Select it.
40. Select the install and other options, if any.
41. You should get message something like ‘CM Installed’.
42. Consider choosing ‘Install Rom from Sd card’.
43. Choose ‘gapps-gb-20110613-signed’.
44. Press OK key 2 times.
45. You will see it as restarting and installing.
46. The restart will happen once more and you are ready when process completes.