Here, we are showing you the step-by-step instructions to root your Xperia Play smartphone from Sony Ericsson. Please note that rooting voids your warranty. Do this at your own risk and we would not be responsible for any damage to the phone.
1. The first step is to Unlock Bootloader of your phone if you haven’t done. To do this, follow this [Tutorial].
2. Download R800i WORLD.184 play_modded Disc Image file from here and save it to your computer.
3. Copy the downloaded image file to the fastboot location that you used for unlocking the bootloader.
4. Open Command Prompt window.
5. Type the following commands as per your OS:
fastboot flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot-mac -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
6. Allow the process to complete.
7. Reboot your phone.
8. Enjoy! Now you have root access to Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
If you are stuck anywhere, head over to XDA=====>>>>>>>Buy Us Coffee and Award Us for our Hard Work
Expand Your Social Circle With Viber
Another Captivating Racing Game
Enjoy The Ice Cream Sandwich
Relish Your Mind With Hill Climb Racing
Modernize Your smart phones by Use of Android Apps