Here, we are presenting you the complete update guide for Advent Vega Tablet. I am saying here complete guide as you will get the full information regarding Rooting, Installing Custom Recovery Image and Flashing CyanogenMod on Advent Vega Tablet. So, let’s go step wise.
Rooting Advent Vega Tablet
1. Make a backup of everything that is not stored on the SD card. We however advice you to backup the data that is also on the SD card.
2. You should have ADB installed on your computer.
3. Download rageagainstthecage-arm5 and unzip it in the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder).
4. Download Superuser package and unzip it too in the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder that is within Android SDK folder).
5. Connect your tablet to the pc.
6. Go to Run, type ‘cmd’ without quotes and press Enter key.
7. Command Prompt window will open.
8. Type the following commands
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
9. Once you see that the exploit is complete, type the below commands
10. You will see # at prompt now. If you still see $ then it means that the exploit is not successful and you have to repeat the process from Step5.
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
adb push su /system/xbin
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
12. You will have the tablet rooted now.
Installing Custom Recovery Image on Advent Vega
Please note that if you already have the Custom Recovery Image installed then you can skip this block and proceed to next section.
There are 2 methods to do this. You can follow any of it.
1. Install any ROM Manager App
2. Open the app and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Click on Advent Vega. If it asks you to give root permissions, go ahead and give the permissions.
4. If by chance it hangs and closes forcefully then do not panic. Just continue again from Step2.
5. You will see a dialog box with message ‘Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery’. It means that the flash is successful.
6. Press Ok.
7. The ClockworkMod Recovery is now installed on your tablet.
1. Download Flash Image and unzip the contents into the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder within Android SDKfolder).
2. Download Advent Vega Recovery App and put it in the /platform-tools folder
3. Download ClockworkMod Recovery and place it in /platform-tools folder
4. Connect the tablet to your pc via USB cable.
5. Go to Run, type cmd and hit Enter.
6. Enter the following commands
adb push recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-vega.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-vega.img
adb install -r moduleap.apk
7. The ClockworkMod Recovery along with the Advent Vega Recovery app, would now be installed on the Advent Vega Tablet.
Flashing CyanogenMod on Advent Vega
There are 2 methods to do this. You can follow anyone based on your preference.
1. Open RomManager app
2. Go to the main menu and select the Download ROM option.
3. Select the CyanogenMod option and select the latest version of CyanogenMod from the menu.
4. After the download is complete, it will ask if you want to ‘Backup Existing ROM’ and ‘Wipe Data and Cache’
5. If the Superuser asks you for the root permissions then check ‘Remember’ and then ‘Allow’.
6. The tab will now reboot into the recovery, wipe data and cache, and then install the CyanogenMod. When it’s finished installing, it will reboot into CyanogenMod.
1. Download latest version of Cyanogen Mod
2. Place the update.zip file on the root of your SD card.
3. Boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery
4. After reboot, use side volume buttons to move around, and trackball and Power button to select.
5. Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’.
6. Select ‘Wipe cache partition’.
7. Choose ‘Install zip from sdcard’.
8. Select the option ‘Choose zip from sdcard’.
9. Select the update zip file.
10. After installation is done, go back to the main menu.
11. Select ‘Reboot system now’.
12. The Advent Vega will reboot into Cyanogen Mod.