It is possible now to install the custom firmware on Viewpad 7. For this, its must to use an alternative recovery partition. There can be many methods to do this and we are listing here one of those methods. Hope you like it.
The below tutorial can also be used for Commtiva Linx N700, Cherry Mobile Superion, Camangi FM600, Spice MI700 and Olivepad VT-100.
Rooting Viewpad 7
Follow the tutorial here (Steps + Video) to root Viewpad 7.
After rooting, follow below steps
1. Open Terminal and enter ADB shell.
2. Get partitions list by cat/proc/mtd
3. Pull each of the original partition from device onto the SD card by using
cat /dev/mtd/mtd3 > /sdcard/recovery.img (change it according to each of the partitions)
2. Download the above downloaded images onto the SD card.
3. Open the terminal window.
4. Enter ADB shell.
5. Enter the below commands one-by-one
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img
Install Custom Firmware
1. Copy the desired custom firmware to your SD card.
2. Switch power off the device.
3. Press Volume Up and Down both keys at same time and power on the device.
4. You will see a bird’s logo on the screen and text as ‘enter recovery’.
5. Use Volume keys to step though menu.
6. Select ‘Backup and Restore’ followed by ‘Backup’ to make NANDROID backup of current firmware. The backed ROM should be in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
7. Wait for the backup process to complete. When it’s done, you will be in main recovery menu.
8. Select ‘apply sdcard: update.zip’
9. When process is done, reboot your device by selecting reboot device
Please do at your own risk.
Any support head to XDA