[How To] Unlock Bootloader of Sony Ericsson Xperia Phones

Technology 25 Comments

Here we are showing you a way to unlock Bootloader of your Sony Ericsson Xperia phones. The process works with Xperia Arc/Neo/Pro/Play.

Please note that unlocking the boot loader of your device voids the warranty of phones.

We also shared Process of Xperia X10 Bootloader Unlock

How to Unlock Sony Ericsson Xperia Bootloader
1. Download fastboot package from here and x86/x64 drivers from here.

2. Head over to Ericsson website.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Continue’ button.

4. A pop-up window will appear. Click ‘Yes, I’m sure’. And then click ‘Accept’.

5. Enter your name, email address and the first 14 digits of your phone’s IMEI number. (IMEI number can be checked by dialing *#06# on your phone).

6. You will see now unique boot loader unlock key. Write down the key on a notepad so that it can be used in future.

7. Extract the fastboot package and open fastboot folder.

8. Hold SHIFT and right-click on the background of the folder.

9. Select ‘Open command window here’ as shown in below image:
Bootloader Unlocked Sony Ericsson

10. Hold the unlock button (for Xperia Neo/Arc/Pro, hold Menu button and for Xperia Play, hold Search button) on your phone and connect it to your computer via USB cable.

11. In the command window, enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version

12. If you get a value in return, it means your have correctly connected your phone.

13. Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY (Make sure to replace KEY with the unique key that you noted in the notepad in Step 6).

14. You will have Bootloader Unlocked your device now.

Please note that as per some users who tried above method, the process works well in 32 bit Operating System like Windows Vista / Windows 7 but stucks in Windows 7 64 bit.
Let us know how it went for you.

via

Author

- who has written 445 posts on TechOfWeb.

Atul is a professional blogger and techie who writes at TechOfWeb.

Subscribe to TechOfWeb feed via RSS || EMAIL || Twitter || Facebook to get instant latest tech updates.

Your Comments

25 Comments so far

1. octavio says:

i have problemas with step 10 and eleven

• Atul says:

@octavio – Please let us know the problems that you are facing.
      Based on your device, you have to perform the steps. Can u pls let us know your device?

• Neptune says:

Me too,, I had problem at step 10.
        My phone is Neo (Android 2.3.3)
        My NB’s OS is Win7 (64bits)

I had hold the unlock button(Menu button) and run “fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version” this command but the DOS window only show “wait for device”….

Somebody can tell me how to continue.. Thank you so much..

• Raj says:

Hi Atul, i am alos having problem at step 10. When I hold menu button and connect the xperia neo with computer it does not go to fastboot mode ,phone starts up as usual and show charging icon.

2. Cat on Droid says:

how do i open the command window? i tried the SHIFT + RightClick COMBO but it didnt work…

3. Cat on Droid says:

Wow its great that you actually care about responding to our questions 😀

There is one question left,will unlocking the bootloader delete all my things on my device?if so im afraid im not going to do it since i have alot of things stored in there 🙁 is there any way to back up FULLY?

p.s irrelevant question,but i cant download anything from the market anymore (i dont have google apps too =/ ) do you know any possible solutions? its a horrid nightmare and the only sure-solution is factory reset data…

4. hackitz says:

Does not work on rogers branded xperia play, just waits for device. tried both win 7 32 and 64 bit os.

to bad thought you had a way around se locked bootloader on branded phones.

5. Tushar says:

@octavio Check your Android ABD Drivers First.
    and make sure you are in “USB Debugging Mode”.

First verify that you correctly installed adb drivers.

After that check the USB Debugging Mode is Enable in your Android Device.

After these steps Restart your PC and Try.

🙂 if you are still facing problems mail me.
    tusharverma@liv.in

6. bcuraboy says:

i’m running win7 32bits and xperia neo gingerbread.
    the phone must be on or off to get the var number?
    and which one is the unlock button??

7. bcuraboy says:

by the way,usb debugging,switched on or off??

8. marshmadness says:

when i put in the *#06# meid number pops up?

9. Marshall says:

When I put in *#06# it gives me a MEID# ? WHAT NOW?

10. Adrian says:

hey, i did everything, it suppose worked good, i’m not really sure cuz it didn’t say anything, I’m doing it with Speria X10 (normal, no pro no mini), so in the “press teh button” which button do i must to hold?? and how do i know it worked?? thanks so much!!

11. Andy says:

I can’t get the IMEI. Whenever I type in the number it gives me a MEID. And that doesn’t work.

12. erik says:

dude, i’m stuck at point 10… I connect, light on arc turns blue. run “fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version” and it says, waiting for device.. cant get any further…

this is shitty!

13. Aurelio Coelho says:

Tried with my Xperia Neo, Android 2.3.3 and using Windows 7 x 64Bits

Working fine so far… but be aware that this proccess erases phone memory (FACTORY DEFAULTS restore)

14. universalvino says:

Hi,

am also tried the same in my Xperia NEO phone.

however my LED is not turining to blue also when i tried the command on fastboot is it showing “waiting for devices” but my driver and everything installed correctly as per instruction. usb debugging mode also enabled.

pls help me how to proceed….?

15. Aurelio Coelho says:

Try this

on the official CYANOGEN MOD Forum, the developers posted a FLASH TOOL instructions on how to save bricked Xperia NEO phones.

This happened to everyone that tried to update a “unlocked bootloader” phone using the OTA updates (over the air updates).

This means that users who unblocked their phones, bricked the same when trying to update using the automatic SONY software download via WiFi.

16. Leo says:

Hey man! thx, but i have a problem by step 10.
    it says waiting for device…
    usb-debbuging is on, and i tried it on 2 pcs…
    help me pleeeeaaase XD

17. Aurelio Coelho says:

I noted there are 2 color combinations for the flashing power light.

Try removing the battery, and plugging it on the PC holding a different key.

I remember there are 2 modes of recovery, so the power light will turn into a different color.

Insert the battery holding the BACK BUTTON, if don’t work, repeat the process using each of phone buttons (POWER, BACK, OPTIONS, HOME, VOLUME)… a forum somewhere has better instructions on this.

18. alfred says:

hi!, iv done al the steps and i got, unlocking failes ><, im guessing that this method aint workin for me, are there any other way to unlock xperia neo? (using xperia neo 2.3.3, with windows 7 x64) plzzz help!!!

19. Aurelio Coelho says:

I doubt this won’t work for you.

Have you went to the SONY website to officially unlock your BOOTLOADER ?

20. AZad says:

i have the xperia play 2.3.4 i got to unlock phone requested failed (remote: oem unlock failed) and a total time of 0.006s… dont know what to do from here

Share your view