Few days back, we shared How to Root WiFi Model Motorola Xoom. Today, we are going to list the rooting process for your 3G model. We are listing the instructions for you and also sharing a video for your ease. You need to have adb and fastboot installed on your computer.
How To Root Motorola Xoom 3G
* Download the Xoom Root Zip file and unzip it.
* Place files in SDK Tools folder.
* Type the below commands in Terminal:
- adb reboot bootloader (If you have unlocked previously with fastboot, feel free to skip next 3 steps)
- fastboot oem unlock (wait for reboot)
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash boot rootboot.img
- fastboot reboot (wait for reboot)
- adb remount
- adb shell push su /system/bin
- adb shell ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
- adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
- adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
Video showing rooting of Xoom 3G
Further any questions, refer XDA