A Samsung smartphone user who has tried installing custom ROM on it is expected to have heard about VillainROM. This is one among the custom ROMs and this particular ROM comes to the spotlight when there is a hot discussion about Samsung handsets. Earlier, the ROM developers had tried with popular Samsung devices such as Samsung Galaxy S and the Samsung Galaxy S2 but now they have targeted the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is Samsung’s hottest smartphone at present. The developers with their work on custom ROMs for popular Samsung devices have released version 1.1 of VillainROM. This latest version of ROM is expected to be implemented in the Galaxy Nexus. It is compiled from the open source code of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and features the below discussed features.
This particular ROM comes with a mini root fix or full ROM and a slightly modified AOSP based on android-4.0 Ice cream Sandwich operating system. It is provided with REBOOT and RECOVERY options to power menu and a Stock ITL41F kernel and NO recovery image. Its minimum dalvik heap start size start size is increased to 16mb for performance testing and is faster than stock. It is enabled with ‘Dreams’ that features Android screensavers, accessible via Settings and Display. It is provided with Added Google apps & permissions along with full adb root, busybox binaries and latest Superuser. It also features png optimized, zip-aligned all APKs, LED Flashlight application and new VillainROM bootanimation.
To install VillainROM, the Galaxy Nexus handset has to be rooted and must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed along with a back-up of its data and settings.
Villain ROM Nexus Steps
The instructions for the installation of VillainROM 1.1 are given below:
• Firstly, you need to download VillainROM and save it to your computer.
• Using a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer and copy the ROM file to the root of your phone’s SD memory card.
• Next, disconnect your phone from the computer and turn off your phone.
• Then reboot your phone into recovery mode and in the recovery mode make a nandroid back-up.
• Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache”.
• Select “Wipe dalvik cache” in the advanced menu and go back to the main recovery menu.
• Select “Install zip from sdcard” and then “Choose zip”.
• Go to the ROM file which is located on your SD card and select it to flashing it to your device.
• Reboot your device once the flashing is complete.
After rebooting is finished, know that the installation is complete and your Galaxy Nexus runs on VillainROM 1.1 based on Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.