Have you ever seen the message “Your password will expire in 14 days” after installing the window on your computer or laptop? This is due to by the default setting in window XP. Actually the window is being protected with a password and which will get expire after 42 days. And when 14 days are left, it starts to warn you in order to protect your windows from this expiry.
But there is no need to worry at all; it is not a big issue now. You can fix this problem by just following below mentioned these simple steps::
1) Go to Run from the start menu i.e. Start –> Run
2) In Run type ‘control userpasswords2’. Please note that you have to type without the quotes. A user account box will open.
3) In that user account box click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
4) There you will find a ‘Advance’ button under the header ‘Advanced User Management’. Click on it.
5) In the Local Users and Groups, Click and select Users.
6) On Right hand side you will see the users name of your computer. For example if the user of your computer is Administrator, right click on it and select ‘Properties’.
7) A Administrator Properties box will open. The default selected tab will be General. Check by clicking on Password never expires under the General tab.
8) End it by clicking Apply and then OK.
Your problem of password expiration is solve now.