Mobile Phone is a common necessity and a basic need of human being now-a-days. In today’s era, one can’t survive just by chapatti, cloth and shelter. These 3 were called the basic needs of ancient times. Now man needs computer, electricity, fan and of course mobile. I would rather say that Mobile Phone comes at fourth number after the 3 basic needs that are running from the ancient times.
As the requirement of these handsets are increasing, so is the thefts of these sets are also increasing. People buy the new devices and some lose them on the same day. The mobiles come very costly and thus losing them is unbearable to the users.
But now there’s a way that relieves you from the pain that you experience when you lost your phone. Actually, as per the latest rules of the government, now all mobiles carry a unique International Mobile Identity Number, shortly known as IMEI Number. This IMEI number is like Dna’s in human beings. It is a unique identity for every handset.
Just like the police and detectives get held of the criminals with Dna’s; in the same way, the thieves can be tracked by this Imei. This unique identification is an Electric Finger-Print that is broadcasted every time the phone is used. So, when the thief will use it for calling/receiving the calls, he would be traced and you can catch him/her easily and that too red-handed.
So just follow the below steps to secure your precious smartphone.
- Dial *#06# from your phone. Please note that this step must be followed before the set is stolen so that the Imei digit can be noted.
- After you dial the above code, you will see a 15 digit code on your home-screen. This is the unique Imei code.
- You should store this code at some safe place, can be in your notepad on the computer or some secret diary.
- When you found your phone missing, open your computer having internet connection on it.
- Login to your emailid.
- Email that noted 15 digit code to email@example.com. Also include your Name, Address, Model etc.
- You will get the present location information of your mobile.