Some days back Google announced Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 OTA update for Nexus One and Nexus S and Developers working at XDA Forums has placed zip files for Android 2.3.3 update. The update is fixing random reboot fix for Nexus S and many other bugs. Here, we are providing step-by-step guide to manually update Nexus S to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
Manually Update & Install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on Nexus S
1. Download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update for Nexus S
2. Rename the above file to update.zip
3. Copy it to the Sd card root.
4. Hold the trackball and press one time the power button and boot your device in recovery mode.
5. Select Bootloader.
6. Select Recovery.
7. Your smartphone will reboot.
8. Press power and the volume up keys simultaneously.
9. With the help of track-ball, apply sdcard:update.zip.
NOTE: You may have to soft reset a couple of times after this.