If you are using windows, then it is possible for you to increase your internet speed upto 20% from the normal speed you are getting currently. Yes it is true and this is not a magic that I am talking about. To provide you better service like windows update, spyware check and to protect you from virus, your Window holds the approx 20% back up of your internet speed. And this is by default.
And it is possible for anyone to make use of that 20% backup to increase the internet speed. There is quite a simple possible way to make utilize of the above said written matter. Just you have to follow the below mentioned steps::
Increasing Net Speed – Steps
1) From your Start menu, go to Run i.e. Start–> Run
2) In Run type gpedit.msc
3) A box named Local Computer Policy will open. On the left side of the box under the head of Computer Configuration, click on the Plus sign of ‘Administrative Templates’ to expand it.
4) Now expand the Network tab there.
5) Click on the “QoS Packet Scheduler” under the Network tab. You will see some options on your right hand side. Please see below.
6) On the right side double click on “Limit Reservable Bandwidth”. A property box will open. Check the “Enabled” box there.
7) In the Bandwidth Limit change the limit 20% to 0% as shown below. Mean to say put 0 (Zero) removing 20. This percentage is what mentioned as the default Net blockage that you can remove easily.
8) Click Apply and then Ok.
The tweak is confirmed working on Windows XP and 7. You can try in other versions as well. May you get succeed in them also. As I was having these 2 versions – XP in my desktop and Win7 in my laptop, I was able to test only in these.
Below is the Bandwidth properties for WinXP.