Motorola Xoom is a nice device but it lacks one of the most important app – Youtube app. The company’s support forums are already filled with users complaints regarding this. The users were complaining with frustrating subjects like ‘Youtube App Is Gone’ 🙂 .
Motorola failed to fix this issue officially, while it’s been fixed unofficially by a XDA member.
More Xoom Tutorials,
* How To Root Wi-Fi Xoom
* Unlock Xoom Bootloader
How To Fix Youtube App Issue on Motorola Xoom
1. Go to Settings –> Applications and turn on Unknown Sources.
2. Open browser on your device and do a Google search for Youtube 2.1.6 apk. We can also mail you the file if you want.
3. Download the file and install it on your Xoom.
4. After installation, Do not run it.
5. Reboot your device.
6. After rebooting of your Xoom, go to Apps –> All.
7. You will see Youtube icon there.
8. Check in Settings –> Applications –> Manage Applications –> All –> Youtube. You will see that you have version 3.0.15 instead of 2.1.6 that you installed.
9. Voila 🙂 .