Omarsalmin from XDA has posted the instructions for flashing CWM Recovery on G2X mobiles.
Recently we also posted the rooting instructions of LG G2X Smartphones on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Instructions to flash CWM Recovery on G2X
1. Download the APX Drivers from here [Link] and extract the contents to C:\\G2x\\APX.
2. Download NVFlash zip file from here [Link] and extract it to C:\\G2x\\NVFlash
3. Download nvflash-recovery file from here [Link] and extract the contents to a folder on your computer. You will see the list of below 5 files in it:
Place the above 5 files in C:\\G2x\\NVFlash folder.
4. Switch off your mobile phone.
5. Take the mobile’s battery out.
6. Hold both the Volume Up/ Volume Down keys.
7. Connect the phone to your computer using USB Cable.
8. Your computer will detect the smartphone and will install Device Driver Softwares.
9. Right-Click on ‘My Computer’ and Click ‘Device Manager’.
10. You will see ‘APX Device’ listed with an error as shown in below image.
11. Right Click ‘APX’.
12. Select ‘Update driver software’.
13. Select ‘Browse my computer’.
14. Select ‘Let me pick…’.
15. Select ‘have disk’.
16. Browse to C:\\G2X\\APX folder.
17. Select complete ‘usbpcdriver’ folder and do not go inside it.
18. If you get any warnings, accept them. You also need to disable UAC.
19. In ‘Device Manager’ under ‘USB Controllers’, you will see ‘NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices’.
20. Now, Unplug the USB cable.
21. Hold the Volume Up/ Volume Down buttons.
22. Insert USB cable again.
23. Open Command Prompt, Go to NVFlash folder and enter the following code:
nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 5 recovery-star-test2.img
24. You will see your device’s screen as ‘S/W Upgrade – Please wait while upgrading…” as shown in the image below:
25. Once the commands in the Command Prompt window are done, disconnect the USB cable form the smartphone.
26. Insert the battery back in the mobile.
27. Reboot your device.
28. Hold the Volume Up and Down buttons for around 10 seconds until you see LG BootUp Screen.
29. Enjoy newly stored CWM Recovery 🙂 .