Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide to install CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread on Samsung Google Nexus S mobile phone. For this installation, you should have Nexus S as rooted. So, if your Samsung Nexus S smartphone is yet not rooted then first you should consider rooting it. You can search our database for tutorials that will guide you on this rooting method. You can see and check the tutorials and can select the one that you feel is comfortable for you. But please make sure that you follow these rooting tricks at your own risk as we will not be responsible for any loss to your precious mobile. We also warn you that the below method, if does not work for you and if you face any issues or your phone is stuck anywhere then we will not take the responsibility of any damage. Follow this tutorial only if you are an advanced user to tackle this.
So, have the steps below:
2. Connect your phone to your computer.
3. Copy the above downloaded both files to your phone.
4. Launch Android Market and download ROM Manager from it.
5. Launch ROM Manager and tap on flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Please note that your mobile must be connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
6. Tap on Flash ROM from SD card on ROM Manager. Scroll down to search CM7 zip file and tap to install that file.
7. Check ‘Make a backup‘ and ‘Wipe Cache‘ and tap to OK.
8. Your phone will automatically boot into recovery.
9. After booting into recovery process, ROM installation will start.
9. When ROM installation process finishes, you will see that your smartphone is rebooting.
More info available at XDA discussion thread.
This method has below missing features that are present with general CM procedure:
• Numerical Battery Indicator.
• Customization of Status Bar.
The method also has some drawbacks which are listed below:
• Torch does not work.
• The mobile reboots during call. This is a known Gingerbread bug.
• All Gmail functions are not working properly.
• Some people are reporting random reboots. Though I didn’t encounter this, so what I can think is that this an unusual bug which can occur some times.