Buzing Bee, an Android developer is able to successfully root Asus Eee Pad Tablet. Further, Custom ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery for this Android tablet is also been made available by Paul. We are providing here step-by-step complete guide on rooting Asus Eee Pad Transformer.
More Rooting Tutorials for other tablets,
* Root HTC Desire HD and install custom Recovery Image
* Root Motorola Xoom 3G
How To Root Asus Eee Pad Transformer
- Download this zip file and save it to your computer.
- Connect Asus Eee Pad tablet to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded file to your device’s microSD card.
- Hold Power + Volume/Down buttons and reboot the device.
- Select ‘Boot into Recovery’.
- Once you enter in recovery mode, update.zip file will flash and your tab will reboot automatically.
- You will have root now. Please remove .zip from your micro SD card.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery
1. Download the recovery file from here. Make sure you put this file on the External SD of your device (/Removable/MicroSD) named ‘EP101_SDUPDATE.zip’.
2. For booting ClockworkMod Recovery, Turn the device on while holding the Volume Down button and press Volume Up button when you are prompted to do so. (For this, you can also download the optional Transformer Recovery Boot app from Android Market).
Install Custom ROM
1. Make sure that you have installed ClockworkMod Recovery as described above.
2. Download the zip file.
3. Copy the file to your device’s external SD card (/Removable/MicroSD).
4. Restart the device in recovery mode.
5. Perform a Nandroid Backup from the Menu.
6. Select the option to apply an update zip and the select the zip file you copied to your memory card.