bcmobile from xda is able to unlock the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1v. If you have the tablet unlocked, you can flash the unsigned ROMs easily.
But, please make sure that this process will void your device’s warranty. It will factory reset it and will wipe all the internal memory. Also, the hack is still claimed as Work In Progress and you can end losing your tab. So, please continue at your own risk.
Instructions for rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1
Instructions for Unlocking Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v
1. Download Java
3. Open the file C:\\android-sdk-windows\\extras\\google\\usb_driver\\android_winusb.inf with any Text editor like Notepad and add the below written code to [Google.NTamd64] section if your OS is Windows 64 bit and if your OS is 32-bit windows, add to [Google.NTx86] section
; ;Galaxy Tab 10.1v %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&REV_9999&MI_01 %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MI_01 %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6601 %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7000
Please note not to leave any blank lines before first “;”
4. Power off your device.
5. Press Volume Down button.
6. Your device will power on and BACKUP and USB icons will be visible to you.
7. Select USB icon by Volume Up/Down keys.
8. You will see the word FASTBOOT in the top left corner. You are now in fastboot mode.
9. If your computer doesn’t detect the device, Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and go to ‘Device Manager’.
10. You will see ‘Fastboot’ device there. Right-click it and select to update drivers. Choose to Manually install and browse to the folder ‘C:\android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver\’.
11. Open command-prompt and navigate to ‘C:\android-sdk-windows\tools’.
12. Type the command ‘fastboot devices‘ to confirm your device detection.
13. Type the command ‘fastboot oem unlock‘.
14. Press Volume Up/Down buttons to confirm.
15. You will have Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 v unlocked 🙂
Any questions, post at xda application thread