Motorola Droid X is originally powered by Android 2.2 operating System. The smartphone was launched in July 2010 and is available by Verizon Wireless Network. And now, you can update your phone to Gingerbread 2.3.3. The process can be applied to either Droid X or Droid 2.
Step-by-Step guide to install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on Motorola Droid X or Droid 2
1. Download the required files from TBH app or any one of the below mirrors according to your phone.
For Droid X,
2. Get your phone into recovery using Bootstrap.
3. Create a backup (Note that this is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Using recovery, install Firmware.
- Select install zip from sdcard
- Choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to teamblackhat folder
- Select the file that you downloaded
5. Restart your phone
If your phone bootloops, enter recovery and wipe data:
1. Hold down power and home.
2. When you see triangle, hold down both volume buttons
3. Select wipe data/factory reset — press power button to select
4. Reboot system