faux123 has released an AOSP Android Gingerbread 2.3.4_R1 ROM. It is rebuilt all from scratch. It’s based on the CM7 source code from CyanogenMod and AOSP from Google.
The developer admits that he will not be able to post the future updates frequently due to the lack of his time.
Please note that you should have the latest ClockWorkMod Recovery.
AOSP ROM 2.3.4_r1 Highlights
1. It is build completely from scratch based on the CM 7.x.x and AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.4_r1
2. It doesn’t have any Google Apps included. But you can use the GAPPS zip file from CM7.
4. Deodexed all /system/apps and all framework files
5. Dalvik memory boosted from 24MB, which is by default to 32MB
6. WiFi Calling been added.
7. Better support added for WiMax.
8. The centralized USB configuration via USB Manager.
9. Better NFC Support. This also includes the Execution Environment.
10. Support for USB Host.
11. USB accessory chat support.
AOSP 2.3.4_r1 Installation
1. Download the file P999 AOSP
2. Download Google Apps
3. Reboot to Recovery.
4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
5. Wipe System
6. Install from zip file and select the P999 AOSP that you downloaded in Step 1.
7. Install from zip file and select Google Apps file that you downloaded in Step 2.
8. When installation completes, reboot your phone. Please note that rebooting may take 2-3 minutes.
AOSP ROM Major Components
1. Bionic – Core Kernel / Low Level hardware Interaction Portion.
2. Dalvik – Google’s JVM (Java Virtual Machine).
3. External – Collection of libraries and utilities that is needed by Android. This includes graphic libraries and open VPN etc.
4. Libcore –Some of the core libraries such as SQL-Lite3.
5. Hardware – The hardware drivers that are not covered by kernel like Radio Interface, GPS, Video etc. It will have the future updates for sure as some more support will be added in the future releases.
6. Packages – Built-in apps.
7. System – The system services such as Volume Daemon, ADB, Logcat, fastboot, Wireless AP etc.
8. Framework – This is the hardest part to make.
1. Bluetooth AD2P is not working
2. Time/Date does not set automatically, even if it’s selected.
For supports, at developer’s forum