If you are the proud owner of LG Optimus P500 and are finding the solution to root this new mobile phone then you should consider reading the below instructions:
1. Install Astro File Manager
2. You should consider backing all the data.
3. You should hard-reset your device either by System –> Privacy –> Erase all data or turning the mobile off and then holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons.
4. Reboot your device.
5. After reboot, Turn on USB Debugging by going into Applications.
6. Download Driver Pack
7. Double click the above msi file and install all the drivers.
8. Connect the smartphone in Debugging Mode with usb to your computer.
9. Download Tar archive
10. Save the above downloaded tar archive on your computer’s C Drive and extract the contents. You will see a folder by the name ‘root’.
11. Go inside the above extracted root folder (This folder will be on your pc’s C Drive).
12. You will see a folder by the name ‘adb’. Go inside that.
13. If you are using Windows Xp then double-click cmdXP.exe and if your pc is using Windows7 then double-click cmd7.exe file
14. Enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
15. The icon will change from # to $. At this moment, enter below command:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
16. Reboot the mobile
17. When mobile has rebooted, again go to ‘root’ folder (which is on your pc’s C drive).
18. Double click the Superoneclick exe file
19. Select the Ginger-break and consider pressing ‘root’ key.
20. After the process is done, you will see that your phone is rooted.
21. Again reboot your device.
22. Consider updating the Superuser app from Android Market.